Christmas time is upon us.......
Today is 12/11/13, I am 34 weeks pregnant.
Alan just left to go back to work. He'll be gone until the day after Christmas. I am overwhelmed with things to do because Christmas is 2 weeks away and I have to get gifts ordered for them to arrive on time. I have no idea what to get anyone, as usual....I haven't felt like doing much the past few weeks. I've skipped working out & have been eating like a pig. I HAVE to get back to my routine. I can tell that I am gaining weight in my legs, arms and face. I don't like it, at ALL! I've been swelling too. The office where I work is HOT, well, to me anyway....everyone else is cold....Blah!! AND....My back hurts, my upper back. I'm sure it's how I sit, but geeze, come on.... I feel like I'm full of complaints here, but overall this pregnancy has been really good. All of these complaints have just really started the past 3 weeks or so. Anyway.....
My next doctors appointment is Monday, December 16th. Alan's 37th Birthday is Tuesday, December 17th. We are trying to get ready for the arrival of Ryley.....packing a hosptial bag for both of us and just making sure we have everything she will need for the first couple of weeks, anyway. Ryley moves like crazy! Alan has finally felt her move, but she doesn't move very much for him. It's not too noticable. It's funny because sometimes it's like she is going to break through my stomach to get out.
Well, I had my doctors appointment Monday 12/16. I was 34 weeks and 5 days. I didn't get to see the doctor since he had to deliver a baby. The nurse checked my Bp & told me to come back next week. Things were going good.
12/17 - Tuesday came around - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!!! WE LOVE YOU! My office Christmas Luncheon was today too. It was nice. After lunch, I had a terrible scare. I went to the nearest L & D, which was in DeRidder. I was checked out by Dr. McCann, whom luckily is a personal friend of ours. Ryley looked great on camera & the monitor. While I was there, she checked to see if my water broke (it didn't) and if I was dilated (I was 1 cm) We don't know exactly what happened, but I had to stay overnight to be monitored. With Alan being gone, it was really hard to cope with the "not knowing" and him just not being there, for both of us. The next morning I was released to go home on bed rest & to follow up with my doctor.
12/18 - When I got home, I called the doctor to make my appointment. They said to come in on Saturday, 12/21 to get checked out. I stayed in bed all day and rested.
12/19 - After being in bed all day on Wednesday, I wake up, fix breakfast & call my friend to talk....she was coming over just to check on me & check my bp. Its been a little elevated. Well, I go to the bathroom & find more scary female stuff....can't this girl get a break?! Jammie gets here & I decide, after the week I had, I should go see my doctor. We loaded up, everything....Baby bag, my bag, car seat....Just incase. I sat in Early Labor & Delivery ALL day long hooked up to the monitor and waiting to see my VERY busy doctor. Around 5:30, all day of waiting...for Alan & myself (Poor Alan, everything happens while he's at work and he's just waiting to know what's going on - Ryley isn't even here yet & she's already stressing him to the max) The doctor came in & checked me. I was still 1 cm. He kept me over night to monitor Ryley and myself, just to make sure that I wasn't going to dilate anymore over night and to be sure that we were really okay. It made him feel better b/c he wasn't able to monitor me himself on Tuesday.
After getting settled in a room, Bridget came to visit and brought me dinner. Thank god for family (and being so close to the hospital) ;)
12/20 - After a long night of monitoring and almost another entire day of it, I saw the doctor, he checked me again and I hadn't progressed any. (Thankfully!!) I was released to go home and was told that I am now on bed rest until the baby comes. By this time, I'm 35 weeks pregnant and Alan is still gone, gone for 6 more days.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Well.....I made it another week! YAY! 36 weeks and Alan's Home!! What a relief!
12/27 - I had another appointment and everything checked out to be the same...
After the appointment, we went and spent part of the day with Brad, Bridget and the boys.
It's not the best picture, but it's our 2013 Christmas picture.




You look so happy Sweetheart. I'm happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Aunt Nora - I'm very happy!
DeleteWhat date was Ryley born? (weight and length?)
ReplyDeleteCheck out the rest of the Blog. I have everything on there. She was born on 1/13/14 8lbs 8.5oz & 21in.
Delete